Monday, May 28, 2012

Never

You're such a heartwarming delight.
Never the cause of a fight,
though never afraid, never delayed.
My memories of you will never decay.

I'll fight to the end for you.
Never likely to have you.
With your eyes I've been infected,
with your eyes I've been dissected.
Fuck this life, I'll never have you.
Life isn't worth it, not as number two.

However hard I try,
I know I'll never be enough.
I promise never to lie,
I'm sorry I'm not enough.

I guess I'll never win your affection,
I wonder if this knife will get your attention.
Don't worry, I wont survive,
don't cry, don't be surprised.
I am the walking dead,
without you I was never alive.


P.S., to all the soccer mom bloggers out there, sorry for the fucking use of the word "fuck", I didn't know what the fuck was going through my fucking head at the time. Good day.


This in in reply to the Trifecta prompt, which can be found here.


The prompt was to use the third definition of the word Decay:
DECAY (intransitive verb)

1: to decline from a sound or prosperous condition
2: to decrease usually gradually in size, quantity, activity, or force
3: to fall into ruin


8 comments:

  1. Hi, I hate doing this but you've got a typo in the first stanza, and it's the prompt :( You've written delay instead of decay. Please fix it, because aside from that, it's just fucking beautiful. Whoops, I did it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, thank you so much, I just NOW noticed that. That's embarrassing.

      Delete
  2. Nice dark punch at the end! What with all the zombie and vampire stuff going around, it's nice to see the phrase "walking dead" used in a different context. Works very well here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when it started, i was clearly expecting a more...somber or mushy piece. i much prefer where you took it, as striking as the end may be. you really grappled with raw emotion. i particularly liked the following line: "With your eyes I've been infected"

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Walking dead".... love that. Heartbreaking and real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was very powerful. I think we've all fallen for someone we couldn't have and it's miserable. The last two lines are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this a lot and those last two lines are perfect. Thanks for linking up. I also love the project you and Goddess are just starting. I'll be clicking back regularly to see how it's going.

    ReplyDelete