Tuesday, May 22, 2012

IHT


     The boy pointed at him. “You...” he muttered slowly. “try...save me?” he said. Cil smiled.
“You speak my language?” Cil asked.
The boy nodded. “Little...I understand...w-w-well though.”
“You don't have to be afraid of me. I'm not the bad guy.”
“I die here?” he asked.
“No,” he replied. “I'm gonna get you out of here. I don't know how, but I'm gonna do it.”
“I...Thur. Who you are?” The boy asked.
“My name is Cil. Cil Redman.” he answered.
“Thank...you, Cil R-R-Redman for not...leaving me...back there to die.” he said.

Cil looked him in his reptilian eye. He didn't see the disgusting creature the others see. He didn't see the enemy. He didn't see hatred. He saw innocence. He saw a confused boy trapped between the walls of war. “I'll get you out of this, Thur.” he said. “Can I see what they did to your leg?” Thur raised his left pant leg exposing a prosthetic leg.
tinuing 
“I'm sorry for my people, and what they did.” he said.

Thur looked down in shame. “Your fault no. Rage force me...join war.”
     “What do you mean?” Cil asked.
“My f-f-father die in war. I join for revenge.”
     “I guess I share your compassion for death. I too fought for revenge. My wife and boy died during a village raid by the zelkins. I understand your anger, but you can't let it get to you.” he said.

"Cil, what's IHT?" Thur asked.
Cil wiped sweat off his forehead. "That's Interior heat torture. That's when they strap you to a table and shoot a laser in your stomach. The laser slowly heats your insides to a boiling one-thousand degrees over a period of one week." he explained.
"Wouldn't I die of...no...f-f-food?"
"No, they'll have an I.V. pumping water and vitamins into your body." he replied.

This is apart of my continuing series: Rogue Valor. You can read the rest of it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment